Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by B3422W5
Originally Posted by TJP
Myself, I think it's another snake oil product like slick 50. I've always thought if the product is that good why don't the major Mfr's use it? imagine the savings in warranty claims. Now we even have spray and wipe ceramic products. Next the car washes will be offering it wink twocents beer

It most definitely isn’t slick 50. You should get out more..lol

Apparently so, but I ask again why wouldn't the major manufacturers be using in on new vehicles to prevent warranty claims on paint problems? shruggy
Any studies other than by the sellers of the product to prove it's claims? not trying to be an a-s but with an engineering background I like testing and results?

Also any particular product seem better ?
beer

Ok I will bite. Problem with OEM paint over the years has been delamination. Wax, ceramic, nor any other coating is not going to help with that problem.

The problems have been largely fixed now for a long time at any rate, and there are very few paint warranty issues now.

The "good" ceramic coating applied by dealers is legit. I thought it would be snake oil when it first came out, but it works well. No more waxing and the car will stay cleaner longer in between washes. Has a wet look to it all the time. It also provides more protection against small scratches than wax.

I know a guy through my work connections that does this as a full time business and have personally seen dozens of cars with the process done. Guys that work in the shops have it done to their own higher end personal rides and love the results.

Sorry I don't have any insight into any particular brand being better than the rest.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by mgoblue9798; 04/22/22 12:14 PM.