Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by Dart 500
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by Dart 500
3.6 has lawsuits going - look it up. 2.4 might be fine but the GT 1.4 turbo is all forged and a great engine, I'd go for that. Drove one daily for 5 years and 0 issues - MAINTAIN IT. Treat it like a lil racing engine as it is, on time oil changes etc. It runs a pump after shut down to cool the turbo. Do your job and it will do its

Yeah, perfect choice for a kid to have eyes

If the kid cant change the oil on time skip Chrysler all together and get one of these then

Car For my Daughter

How many kids do you have? My wife, an RN, can't change oil either, (like I can) should I get her a beater Yota too? On the other hand I'd bet my wife could and would change her car's oil if she absolutely had to or the dealership or quickie oil change place couldn't do it but that's not a game changer is it?

I didnt mean change the oil yourself. If you can't make your way to a jiffy lube on time then yes, buy an old beater or something else. The 1.4 T uses a multi-air system that is extremely reliant on good, clean oil. If the car sits long enough and the oil drains from the system you have to spin the key until it primes again for the car to even get compression. Imagine that with chunks of burnt oil clogging it up...

Last edited by Dart 500; 04/18/22 08:09 AM.