This is in a D150 with a /6 and 727. Lockup version.
I'm replacing the engine, with a fresher one, just rebuilt, reground cam, block and crank milled 0.100" between them, oversized valves, ported head etc.
I'm having to stab another converter in there while engine is out/ only because of a bad ring gear courtesy of the prior owner. Trans works fine, fluid as red as it would be if off the shelf etc. I drove it enough to evaluate the trans on the original engine. (Still runs alright, just want more power/ I'm staying with a /6 for a replacement at least for now.

When it comes to 727 converters why does nobody offer a performance converter for the lockup version? No matter what engine might be in front of it?
Also, they show a low stall and a hi stall from the factory. How high is high, how low is low on the factory converters.
I got a deal on a Dacco 558 that is supposed to be a reman to factory hi stall specs. I settled for that since B&M, TCI, etc show nothing for a 727 Lock up. I was wanting maybe a Tork master or the next one up, nothing crazy

I know we have to talk non Lock up for a minute but how does the Tork master compare to a factory hi stall? All else being equal except let's say for a minute I found a non Lock up 727 to fit my engine. Is a hi stall for non lockup (factory converter) the same stall as a factory hi stall for a lockup trans?