Not just distracted but many ^&^%^&%^& drivers on the road too. Here in the Detroit area, and sure many other urban areas around the country, uninsured felons with 10 suspended licenses (3 pages every week in the crime section of or local neighborhood paper document it) drive right through red lights DARING the police to do anything (all I can figure). I see it multiple times every day. On my way home the other evening, I was the only car stopped at a red light RIGHT IN FRONT OF A POLICE STATION and I saw a vehicle coming behind me at speed. They whipped around me, WAY TOO CLOSE (this is common now too), passed me at 50+ in a 35 right through the red light with never any intention of stopping. 3 blocks down made a left and pulled into a driveway. and the group got out and casually walked in the house. No emergency. Sad thing is the police cant do anything. They can only giver a ticket to a law abiding person that wouldnt want their insurance to go up. If your license is suspended and dont have insurance what penalty can the police offer? Yep, nothing.

We just moved to an island that takes a ferry to get to (call it a moat). Detroit and the surounding area are NOT getting any better (thats being polite). I don't care how the media trys to sugarcoat it.