Originally Posted by 67vertman
As a twenty one year employee in the grocery business and a few years on the reset crew, I have moved items in many of stores. laugh2

As stated, there are many reasons to reset a stores layout. Marketing research is a big deal in the grocery industry, and they study YOUR habits closely. Have you noticed that dairy products, milk and eggs are in the rear of the store? 85% of shoppers buy dairy items on each visit. The path from the door to the dairy items takes you down the HIGH Impulse isle, Chips, Soda, or seasonal items and high profit items. They know that every minute they keep you in the store means extra $$ in their tills.
Also, many people do not know that the products manufacture pays the store to get their items at eye level, yours and your kids.

Happy shopping, and don't forget to take a list, those that don't spend more.

I had a friend in the Carolina Canoe Club who wrote a book on Walmart.

Before my Dad got severely ill we read that book together and discussed it on long walks on Florida beaches.

The chapter about how Sam Walton agreed to try putting a drugstore inside Walmart and letting it lose money on purpose for several years was all about the $ value of getting people inside the store. Another chapter discussed selling children’s toys below cost.