A 3 vane pump simply will NOT pull enough vacuum to hurt anything. 11-12" is all they can pull generally. If someone says they get more from one in a BBM with a wet sump oiling system gonna have to show me with an accurate gauge that it happened. We never have regulated a 3 vane engine of any kindand never seen an issue.

I have NEVER seen an issues from "high" vacuum in anything I run or have been around. My Cuda routinely went 400+ passes between freshen ups. The pistons in that engine currently had 406 passes on them at freshen up, we coated and reused them and its still running them 7 years later. Never any issues with wrist pins and it pulls 16-18" every pass, or at least did. Literally a couple thousand runs on it before I sold it. Been running vacuum pumps for 15 years and never seen any issues of "pulling oil away from pins" in any of my junk. I have seen some Comp stuff that pulls 22-26" of vacuum with no signs of pin oiling issues. Wealso have not had any issues on the Vette running 18-20. It uses a 4 vane and no regulator.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"