Good close racing, fun to watch. I know these 2 racers enough to trust that their cars are legal. They have been at it for decades, their cars are very well scienced out. They definitely know how to make them run. Both the Hemi and the BBC are great engines with phenomenal capability in the right hands.
But don't believe anything you see, hear, or read when it comes to these pure stock cars. Some of the players are masters of subterfuge, as well as exploiting the grey areas of the rule book. I know that guys have run roller cams, high compression, trick converters and transmissions, ported heads, etc. and got away with it. And that is how F.A.S.T. was born: Pure Stock drags where cheating is legal.
When trying to compare brands using the Pure Stock drags as a yardstick, keep in mind that the rules greatly favor GM. Many of Mopars advantages in true pure stock form are allowed for the GM cars too at the PSMCDR. Like Mopar had better exhaust with crossovers and dual point ignition systems. Take away the MSD and put that Chev back on its single point ignition and see how it does. And take away the modifications to the upper rear control arms. The GM 4 link rear suspension is hard to beat in stock tire racing when they are allowed "no-hop" bars. The mopars have to run stock leaf setups with no add ons.

Last edited by Hemi_Joel; 04/09/22 02:55 PM.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"