Quote:

As far as everyone telling him to change to a taller CH piston with it the way it is another post brought up a valid point ... CYLINDER RIDGE , unless he removes the ridge he will BREAK the new rings and from the sounds of it , NO ENGINE HOIST and he says he has NO CAR the block isn't coming out of whatever it's in anytime soon .

Buy hemigod's 516's and thats the best you will do with the constraints you have to work around for the short term fix .

Don't buy new pistons to put in an old, worn block. You're gonna spend $200-300 on pistons and rings but what kinda ring seal will you have???

If you want some ideas on low-compression fixes, read this one:
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post5195287

Aside from that, I have to be harsh here:
If you have no daily driver, no engine hoist, etc, you are lacking some of the basic resources to do this job properly.
By 'properly', I'm not even referring to a high-HP engine, I'm just talking about an engine that will last for a few years.

If you're not planning for this engine to be used for a few years when you get it running, just skip this activity altogether and plan for the next step - either getting a good used engine or a well-planned rebuild.

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.