Hi folks,

As some of you may know my other interest besides Mopars is tractors and I am currently restoring one. The engine on the tractor has not run in 15 years or more and is going to need to get rebuilt; which I will attempt to do myself with my stepdads help as I never rebuilt a small engine and he has.

There is a tractor show the first weekend of May (or Mother's Day weekend) that you can drive your tractor around at, and I would like to possibly if I can to get the engine running so I can drive the tractor around as is.

I REALLY like and MUCH prefer NOS parts and would like to use some in my engine such as rubbery piston rings, gaskets etc BUT i also know that these parts are 50+ years old. My 2 questions to all you folks is....

1) do or did you use rubbery NOS parts in your engines, and

2) do you advise me to?? I'm pretty sure I could if I seal everything correctly and rebuild the engine the right way and not half ass, BUT my stepdad seems to think that 50+ year old NOS rubbery parts like piston rings, gaskets etc is NOT a good idea because technically it would be like starting at square one before I rebuilt the engine.

I would really like to know your thoughts, opinions, and advice

Thanks in advance!

If You Ask Me This Whole World Has Gone To Hell- Creed Fisher
Proud Supporter Of LGBT (Liberty Guns Beer & Trump)