Originally Posted by lewtot184
i use a ch28 with two 600 edelbrocks on a 440. i think it's the best street induction system i've ever used. very smooth power and very low maintenance. far less trouble than the stock single 4bbl set-up on my '69 r/t. i was a die hard 6pak guy for decades but for half the price and no major power loss i'm happy. too many myths about multi carbs. the key is to match the carbs up and use a good intake. the edelbrock should be far superior to factory iron on a RB engine. B engine guys don't have a good manifold choice. if those older single planes have to be used pay attention to the torque curve. peak power doesn't drive the car.

I ran that intake with two Edelbrock 500s on two different 440s. ABSOLTELY AWSEOME. RB guys are lucky to have the CH28. Why do I say that? Well LA small block guys- the 340 360 guys are lacking options. The Offfenhauser dual quad for the small block is that old single plane large plenum design and is actually for the 273- Small ports and not enough meat to port out to 340 360 size. The Edelbrock D66 is a true dual plane dual quad....but for the 273. Additionally its rare and fetches $$$$$$$$$. There is the Modman. It is for the 340-360 head and looks fantastic. But is not a low RPM drivable manifold.
Low deck guys have only the 50s design of dual quads available. I personally would be willing to sacrifice some power under the curve for that dual quad look provided by those "ancient" dual quad designs.

Here is a Modman: http://indyheads.com/images/30.cat2014.pdf

Keep old mopars alive.