My Challenger is a prime example of things that were not to be built together or at all. Until the History is know then an understanding on why it got built is easy to understand. The Original Purchaser of my Challenger walked out of the Dealership when ordering the car. His father had a big Bus. and bought a lot of Trucks from this Dealership and backed onto the Dealership. So the next day after the walk out the owner phoned and asked what was the problem. He told him he could not get what he wanted and told him what the problems were. He told him to come back in and order the Challenger. He was told the Owner of the Dealership contacted Chrysler and got the stuff put on that he wanted. I also know of a 426 Cuda 1970 sold new in Quebec, Canada that has a Rear Window Louver and a luggage rack, coded on the BCS and the Fender Tag and was on the Cuda and in Chrysler sales Literature it states you can not get those options together. Car in now in Alberta Canada. There are way things get built if you know the back door routes and push hard enough to get it done. I had to do this with a GMC Truck I had built going over the Dealerships Head because they screwed the order up when the truck arrived and a Zone Rep got another GMC Truck built for me. I worked at GM so I had just a little pull or knew who to talk too. There is one other person I know that took pictures of this Challenger sitting on the side of the road. One day I will ask him for them if he still has them. Back in those days Cameras were those kind you purchased in Walmart for Cheap and had them developed at the Camera Store or Walmart.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY