Originally Posted by dragon slayer
They are different. Both mopar parts manuals and the reproduction crowd have separate listings. The 2 barrel are also different. Where the throttle clamp is positioned is the difference. 2 barrel have a longer extension to move the cable to the center. So for the subtle difference in the 4 barrel brackets:

I really do not think it is easy to see in the reproduction pictures, but I do think I figured it out for the 67-70 brackets. Attached are some pictures. From original pieces the 383 finger at the front of the bracket is narrower than the 440. The bracket extension for the clamp for the throttle cable is angled up more and the slot the cable clamp goes into runs along the outside of the bracket. On the 440, that extension is more horizontal, and the clamp is positioned slightly inside. This makes sense since the 440 is wider and there for the cable would need to move inside. The 4 speed brackets match, but the stud is not present, just a hole.

As far as the lever, I show both. The position angle is identical and they have the same part number as best I can tell. Either type I have seen on all sorts of motor SB, BB 67-70. So who knows why?

And there you have it, a picture is worth a thousand words . I started to type out a long reply about twas typing a long winded reply about there possibly being a difference in the location of the throttle cable clamp because the 440 deck height moves the bracket location mounting point further out. there is obviously a difference in the throttle valve linkage because of the difference in deck height so that would go with out saying .

Glad to see you figured it out .

running up my post count some more .