Hey folks - thought I'd post up about our newest acquisition to the fleet, or more appropriately, re-acquisition biggrin . I built this truck about 8 years ago, hence sold it, and just made a 3700-mile round trip last week to get it back. We built it for serious rock crawling around our favorite places here in Colorado and Moab, and it enjoys the benefit of also being fully streetable, meaning it doesn't have to be trailered 'everywhere' - driving it around town or to/from the local trails is no problem. It has several military cues and it is simply a big silly toy.

1974 Dodge Power Wagon Crew Cab: 6BT Cummins 12v, 47rh 2wd trans, divorced Ford 203/205 doubler, rockwells, Stazworks wheels, and 46" Claws. I did most of the work including the welding and fabrication, save for the leak-free aluminum bits which were done by a great local pro TIG welder. It is painted Air Force 'Strata' blue.

I won't rehash the original build thread, but here it is in case anyone would like to check out its evolution pages: https://www.ramchargercentral.com/t...l-power-wagon-the-saga-continues.125290/

For the most part is has basically sat dormant since we sold it in '17, but apart from some minor restoration and rust/corrosion work it appears to be good to go. Our off-road club has it's first trail run of the season this Saturday, which is also the first trail run this truck ever did in April of 15. Anyway, here's some pics and vids of it:

The 6BT engine is an early non-intercooled unit from a 90 Dodge W250, the 47rh trans is from a 95 Dodge 2500 with a V10, the 203 is from a Dodge that I converted to be a divorced input and the 205 is from a Ford, the axles are from a '67 M35 'deuce and a half 6x6, the wheels from Stazworks Wheels, and the tires are 46x19.5/20 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws. The front brakes are from a F550, the rears from a D80.
It has 99 Dodge hydroboost with an 02 master cylinder (disc-disc), and a Haldex TF750 engine-driven air compressor (for a medium duty truck with air brakes), and a Vickers V10F power steering pump. Lots of voodoo to get it all just the way I want and to make is perform well both on/off-road.

here's a couple pics of the beastie from before - couple of good shots from Moab -

Bud 2.jpgBud 3.jpgflexy on Poison Spiderv2_zpseperxcbs.jpgSnT with GnB.jpg
Last edited by Mad-Max; 04/01/22 11:37 AM.

71 Demon (project): 318, A-833od, 8-3/4, 3.23's
14 Wrangler JKU M-380 "Kilroy" (under construction): Magnum 360, 46rh, Atlas4, D60/14b-5.38s-Grizzlys, 40s
07 Ram 3500 MegaDually 4x4 "Big Mack": 5.9 6BT, G56 'Toy Hauler'
52 Willys M-38 "Poncho"