Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by Stanton
As someone who couldn't give a flyin' f*** about St. Patty's day it has suddenly occurred to me why there were bins of brisket in the grocery store last weekend!

I mean seriously, driving the snakes out of Ireland is child's play when compared to say, building a boat and jamming two of every species and enough feed into it for longer than I care to imagine. Yet nobody made Noah a Saint and gets sh!tfaced celebrating his accomplishment. Hell if it weren't for Noah the Irish wouldn't be eating brisket on St patty's day !!

Why isn’t Noah a saint?
Answer:
Formal canonization is a process that developed hundreds of years after the founding of the Church. Before that, righteous people were “recognized” or “acclaimed” by the Christian communities to be saints. That is why Old and New Testament saints (including the Blessed Virgin Mary) were never formally canonized. Noah is one of the righteous people of the Old Testament who are generally considered to be in heaven. Indeed, in the “hall of fame” chapter of Hebrews, which records the righteous deeds of Old Testament saints, Noah is included in the roster:

By faith Noah, being warned by God concerning events as yet unseen, took heed and constructed an ark for the saving of his household; by this he condemned the world and became an heir of the righteousness which comes by faith (Heb. 11:7).

I'm not going to drink to that..........but I will kiss you if you're Irish grin wink

I'm not Irish, but if you're good looking.......... whistling

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".