Originally Posted by moparx
those are called "MOLLEX" connectors if i remember right.
the two sizes used are .093 and .125, again if i remember correctly.
the kits can be bought in several places, as well as the individual items.
i make sure i have all of the items needed on hand because this is such a common problem.
one thing to make DAM sure of when replacing each of the connectors. when you are done with your crimp, look at the mating surfaces and be SURE they are ROUND.
if they are not, just the sides of the terminals will touch, which means the current flow is only through two VERY THIN contact points. resistance is up, heat is caused, and we all know what happens next.
i can't stress this enough. it is especially critical on the female side, and when you push the connectors together, make SURE you push them together STRAIGHT.
if you fight them, there is a very good chance one or more of the female terminals will get egg shaped.
this is probably one of the reasons the newer stuff went to those tiny spade type with the flap on the female side, to ensure a tight connection at the column.
beer

As mentioned above, MOLEX are the correct terminals to use and are as far as i know they are still made today. When i did my car years back i had to get them to fix/restore a few harnesses. However if i remember correctly you have to use a MOLEX style crimp tool if you are looking for the correct look. Excellent point above on making sure everything is round for a good connection. Also make sure the small barbs are sticking out so the terminal fights tightly in the plastic housing.

Super Commando