Originally Posted by AndyF
If it was stored properly it should still be good. If the drum was in direct contact with a cold concrete or dirt floor then it might not good. We had a drum go bad because it was stored on a damp concrete floor. The dealer told us we needed to keep it in a dry warehouse or at least put it up on wood blocks.
iagree thumbs
Years ago when VP first started selling their fuels at NHRA races they told me that I must use all the fuel in three days after opening one of their containers, 5 gallons and or 55 gallons shock
I use to buy drums of Daeco brand race gas from a refinery in Wilmington, CA, I stored in a shed under a big shade tree in Hesperia, CA and would use it until it was all gone, I would seal them up between use but I know racers that kept their mechanical hand pumps in the barrels and never supposedly had issue with fuel quality.
I still have a specific gravity tester and I have seen the Specific gravity decay on race gas left in the tank on my old NHRA stocker after sitting for more than three weeks between races in the summer time in SO CA shruggy

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)