Originally Posted by NITROUSN
You should not need to grind the block. If the block was the problem the starter would not work no matter what bell housing is used. Simple concept here. The flywheel is fixed off the crankshaft. The bell locates the starter. This is the same with any bell. If your starter is not fitting the block is not the problem. I have heard of the starters not fitting but that was the wiring block on the starter. Lots of minis you just removed the block. The metal dust shield still should be used. I have the kit behind my Hemi. My bets are this. Are the dowels in place? Was the bell housing dialed in properly.
Dials are in place, everything looks good, I can’t confirm the bell was dialed in properly as I can’t get ahold of the installer. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get ahold of him. The block was removed form the mini and a relocation kit Was installed. Don’t ever remember having any problems with the 4-speed and factory starter. I’ve read several articles people claiming to have everything dialed in and they still had to grind the block to make the mini work. I mean if the QuickTime was so perfect why do they send a top shim with it? I was reading from the QuickTime installation paper that sometimes after get it dialed you make have to buy offset dials from Lakewood. Maybe this is the problem???