Originally Posted by Frankenduster
I am completely UNapologetic about being a fan of the show.
Some people dismissed the show as being too silly or unrefined but I didn't care. I loved the music, the cars, the Boss and Rosco comedy scenes and the way that the good guys always won.

i never had a problem with the entertainment part of the show, I probably didn't miss a show, but that would mean my son didn't miss many either.

Another note, after he got his license, I put him in a 318 powered 85 Chrysler 5th Ave (it was a cheap car). If the old 5th Ave would have been white, it could have been Rosco's ride. I put a new single exhaust system on the 5th Ave, complete with all new exhaust hangers. About a week later he came by my shop telling me there was strange noises coming from under the car. One quick look found that all those new exhaust hangers were broken. When I climbed under the car, there were piles of gravel on top of a lot of things that shouldn't have had gravel on top of it. It seemed a local gravel pit had a few places where if you got going fast enough, you could get the car off the ground. My son was pretty efficient at getting the old 5th Ave off the ground with all his buddies in the car. (Dads have a way of knowing these things before the broken car shows up). After wiring the exhaust back up that day, with a stern look on my face, I sent him home with the warning about "Knock that car jumping crap off!" It worked for a while. He couldn't figure out how I knew, and I didn't tell him for a couple years. Darned kids! He breaks his own stuff now. Gene