Originally Posted by B1MAXX
maybe its the 4 turns of lifter preload you run..... whistling I my experience if you want a hydraulic to rpm, you run as little preload your ears can stand.

The lifters are made to be run like I have them, if you have .020 or .070 preload & the valve springs are to weak the lifter will still pump up & hold the valves open, the problems I have start at below 5500 rpm in HIGH gear and fuel pressure drops off & on, it is NOT because of my lifter preload, running them loose so it will RPM is just a bandaid for the wrong valve springs.
That said I pulled the fuel pump & found nothing wrong with the wiring or pump, went ahead & got a larger volume pump & drilled out the sending unit pump line connection as it was much smaller id than -6 should be at the recommendation of Member INTDM8 as he was correct on that info for the Tanks Inc set up,I also was using a stock 3/8 steel line that has all the tight bends in it, I already had some new -6 efi hose so I replaced the factory steel line with it so no more bent up steel tubing,did a volume test @ 50 psi & it flows about 120 GPH now @ 12volts ,will make it back to a track rental soon.

1968 Charger COLD A/C Hilborn EFI
512ci 9.7 compression, Stealth heads, 4.10 gear A518 ODtrans 4100lb,10.93 full street car trim
2020 T/A 392 Stock 11.79 @ 114.5