Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by sjs64polara
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by sjs64polara
My brother has been running the same transmission in his 65 Comet for some time.Runs it behind a big Ford. It took a couple of seasons to work through the clutch trans combo. Car runs low 8 , hopefully high 7’s this summer. Have Fun !

What clutch combo is he running? What does his car weigh? I'm guessing he runs a 5 speed?

It’s a Twin 10 from Cale Aronson, not sure all the details. car is 29 and change. it’s a 4 speed not 5

Nice! Would be curious how the maintenance is on his trans. I've been told 30 passes on sliders by one person, and 300 passes by another...

Not sure on frequency of replacing parts. I can say he has it out at least once or twice a year. I recall he broke a lot of stuff when he had violent wheel shake last summer. I can say Liberty has been great with service and support. Cale was by far the best clutch guy to work with. He worked with a couple guys before and it was a complete failure. I personally don’t have the patience to deal with a manual transmission and clutch settings, it takes a huge learning curve ! good luck and enjoy the ride