I haven't been to Mopar City for probably 20 years. If you have never been there, back then, it wasn't a place to put on a car show. Its out in the sticks on a pair of narrow blacktop roads with a few farms on all sides to it. His gravel (at the time) parking lot might have held 15 cars if some project wasn't parked on it. The nearest town was around 10 miles away, and it was not a big town. Hotels/motels were, and still are pretty scarce in probably a 40 mile radius of the place. Byron Dragway is probably 10 miles north of his location.

It was an awesome place to get hard to find Mopar stuff and Larry wasn't a bad guy to deal with, but it was not a great location to hold any kind of a show. That may have changed since then, but I thought he was pretty land locked back at that time. I was there shortly after he started collecting cars, then the property he was on looked huge, it looked a lot smaller and more crowded the last time I was there. Mopar City was probably 40 miles from my home. This younger aspiring Mopar head had visions of building my own version of the place, but other priorities got in the way. For him to achieve what he did was a serious commitment on his part, and I for one salute and thank him for his effort. He was a great asset for the Mopar community. Gene