Got around to doing a top end overhaul on a 440 I slapped together to send the car to paint 6 years ago.
906 Heads (heads that came with the engine were junk, so I threw on a set of heads I had from a 383 core I bought to build my 438
factory 4bbl DP IRON manifold
stock-ish cam (came with the longblock)
Engine is running great (but a bit sluggish) So I figured I'd bump the cam up and throw a set of 440 source heads to lighten the car up a bit.
OOTB Stealth Heads
Edlebrock Airgap DP Intake
Hughes Flat Tappet Hydraulic "Stage 1 Cam"
BB HYD FLAT TAPPET CAM 236/242 -108ÂșLSA
LOBE LIFT .364"/.375"

I thought for SURE I had put a spare set of Comp Ultra Pro Magnums that I had laying around the shop on the motor 6 years ago, so Imagine my surprise when I pop the cover and its stock stamped units. LAME.

Its a street motor and I REALLY liked the Comp units on my roller motor after wiping out a set of INDY's at MATS back in 2008. Are the COMPS still the go to for a reliable street driven car? I don't have a lot of down time for this engine, part of me was thinking of just leaving the cam and rockers for next time, but you know us on this forum....... we're all kinda greedy and stingy. If I gotta pull the trigger on the Comps I guess thats fine, but between those showing up and then ordering a set of pushrods....gonna be at least a week or two...LAME.

Any bright ideas?