Having a connection issue with my Roku, seems to be a (now) common problem with no simple solution.

I spent w-a-y too much time on the phone with xfinity and Roku today and got no where with either, so I thought I'd throw this out to you fine people before I go at them again.

Internet/wifi is provided by xfinity. I have 6 other items in my apt that are connected to the wifi with no issues.

As of 7:30 PM Wednesday night, Roku will no longer connect to my Wifi. I was right in the middle of watching something when POOF gone! eek

It's done this before but I've always been able to reconnect. work

Weird thing (to me) was that the Roku wouldn't even find my WIFI when I'd run a scan. I'm in an apt, it would find everyone around me, but not mine. confused

Went and bought a new one (express 4K+), and this new one finds my WiFi but still won't connect. flame

Xfinity blames Roku, Roku blames Xfinity, you know the drill. Tried different settings, nothing makes a difference.

Any suggestions? help

(as an aside, been using Roku for almost 10 yrs and this is the first major issue I've had with them)

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥