Wow the wreck and the comments on that page are sobering.

I feel for him and his family. Was it a bone head move, meh probably but I can guarantee you every single person on this site has nailed the throttle on a straight road and expected the car to go straight. Ours did, his didn't. If everyone were to pay the ultimate price for doing exactly what he did we would all be dead.

I would have less compassion for the guy if he had been acting a fool or outrunning the cops. He was going with the flow of traffic and hit the gas, maybe to show off and maybe that electronic crap that controls the car went wonky, we don't know. To wish someone, or be glad someone is dead for a mistake we have ALL done is pretty sad in itself.

He was 36, at that age I had 2 kids in High School and a wife at my side. My mom, dad and siblings were all alive. There is a strong possibility at his age he was in a similar same boat. Tonight all those people who loved him won't see him again. Just because he did what every car guy has done plenty of times.

So I do feel bad for him and his family, although I understand those who don't loose sleep over him. That's a justifiable opinion in it's own right. Not those who were happy about it though.

Then again he could have been a douche and the world's a better place. So I choose not to judge but prefer to think him a good person. twocents