Hey poorboy, thanks for the heads up on the 2nd row seat, I am not concerned with originally on the seat, so that works for me, it measured about 45" wide at the rear in usable space, I had been thinking Dakota, but needing to be upright is a good point, I will need a little gut room, haha.
I have bumpers and brackets, haven't tried to bolt them on yet, just kinda set them in place, but wasn't aware how far out they are from the frame, and heard some cut them down or remake them into "shorty " brackets. I am definitely using the Cuda's rear, since I already have it...plus gets it out of my way in the garage!

Originally Posted by poorboy
Johnny, Sounds like your off to a really good start.
A 38 Dodge truck has a pretty tight interior, if you are not concerned about originality of the seat, the 2nd row bench seat in a mini van fits pretty good, you need a seat that sits pretty upright rather then recline a bit. You loose too much cab space with a seat that leans back too far. The next option would probably be a pair of bucket seats, again I like the minivan second row buckets. they sit more upright, most have backs the tilt forward, and most have most of the seat belt attached to the seats. Mini van seats are pretty easy to find in really good shape in pick and pulls, for pretty cheap.

The hood ornament may be a challenge, and might be expensive. Many of that era pickup trucks were sold without rear bumpers, most went to farmers and they built their own. Tail light brackets are pretty generic, but repo tail lights are available. Shop around, prices are all over the board.

If you have a Cuda 8 3/4 laying around, I wouldn't hesitate on using it under your truck. Other options have many drawbacks.

A google search for "38 Dodge pickup parts" will net you some parts sources. Also, www.robertsmotorparts.com, and www,vicsgarage.com are a couple more. Don't overlook LMC trucks either. Gene

1970 'Cuda,Lime Light,499 Indy S/R's 10.70's @125,street driven ALOT!
1966 Barracuda 360,now a 5spd,Hemi Orange,Hot Rod Air,
New daily driver-2003 Ram 2500 Cummins 5.9
'69 Valiant 2-dr, sleeper!
New project---1938 Dodge truck, plan is a 360 with a A500, AC, Calvert rear susp., rack and pinion front with coils.