Going that route changes the line pressure and will change the part throttle shift point, too. So, when you get the WOT shift where you want it, then you are stuck with whatever part throttle shifts that it ends up with. And they are usually uncomfortably high (and hard) on a street car.

The only way to raise the WOT shift points AND maintain some control over the part throttle shifts is with governor kits. Of course, as mentioned, there is always the manual valve body. That is what I run today in my street Hemi car due to it's 6,800 shift point.

I will throw this in: When I raced KOS with the wedge, it wanted shifted at just over 6,000. I fought the split shifts for a long time, never getting them consistent no matter what I tried. I could get one or the other where it needed to be (most of the time) but not both. The best compromise I could come up with was to get the 1-2 shift where I wanted with the governor and to make the 2-3 shift earlier with the springs. That way I would launch with the selector in 2nd. It launched in low, went to second on time and hold there until I selected third. That way I could concentrate on the launch and the launch only, then have time to deal with manually shifting into high.

With low gears when running the 1/8, lots of things happen really, really fast in that first couple of seconds. Being able to depend on that first shift to automatically happen was a real advantage. At least to this guy.

Master, again and still