Originally Posted by fal3
A12 has it. I've noticed with brake shops (Brake Check, etc) have lifetime warranties for their brake jobs but are replacing the whole brake system from firewall back. Coupla years ago, friend took his Chrysler min-van to Midas for brakes. Midas offered the lifetime warranty, so he took it. Replaced the entire brake system, even the master cyl. Lawyers-ugh.

And 10 years ago, the Midas lifetime warranty cost 2x what the original brake repair cost, they actually charged you double up front for that warranty. Read the warranty price quote one time, it will shock you with the stuff they have gotten away with the last 50 or how ever many years they have been doing it..

The last 3 vehicles I've built get the entire brake system replaced, including the master. That last one I didn't replace the master on, the master failed about 2 months later. Why take the chance anymore. The new stuff is of questionable quality right out of the box, who knows what the "last guy" bought, and when it was bought? Cover your butt, the stuff that was new out of the box reduces your liability.