Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Originally Posted by poorboy
Maybe the guy running the shop that said your heads are junk has a buddy that wants them, or may already have them... If you want them back, he will send you the busted heads off his buddy's motor.

Yes - most likely!

OK, so he has found a set of 340 heads advertised. I'll post the info & photo - does he want these, or not?

Until you get your old heads and find out why then were condemned, you may be wasting money on onother set of heads. First find that out. If you can’t deal with that shop, get another one. You have to find a good machine shop that you can trust and communicate with first. The heads my customer has are 915 from a 71 340 with 2.02 valves. I sent them to the machine shop for minor repair and then after they were fixed, he changed his mind and wanted a 4.00” stroke motor with alum heads. So we spent almost $900 on heads we will not use. They have been decked, magnufulxed, HP valve job, cut for the best seals and assembled with springs. I use a very good shop. He does excellent work. He does not work for nothing or steal parts. I figure these to be worth $900-$1000 is all.

I don’t know what your friends budget is. Usually budget work bites you in the but. These used heads may be small valve 360 heads not 340 heads so you’ll have to buy new valves right off. You don’t know what condition they are in in the first place. The price is very fair if they are good cores. I’ve got plenty of cores like that.

Last edited by fastmark; 01/08/22 07:00 AM.