I have been thinking about putting a 6 speed out of a new challenger (or something else???) in my 2wd 93 dakota since the discussion about rear gears... the .50 OD ratio with the current 3.55 rear will give me a higher final drive ratio than swapping to a 2.76 and keeping the current automatic OD trans. This should give me a very noticeable MPG increase by turning the engine much lower RPM on the highway, no LR band causing drag when not applied in OD, no OD-Direct clutch causing drag when not applied in OD, and no oil pump to turn not to mention a more fun to drive truck.

My question is how to get the speedo to work as the newer challengers use an electronic speed sensor and my 93 dakota has a gear spinning a cable??? Also what about the driveshaft? Am I gonna have to get a custom one made with a slip yolk in the middle of it like a 4WD?

Also guessing a custom cross member or is there a 5 speed dak that has one that will bolt up???

Anyone been down this path yet?

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!