Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by Neil
This rapid price overheating on everything including cars and real estate can't and won't last forever. It will go down eventually and likely hurt a large number of people in the process ala 2008.

Observation is the group propping up old car hobby here where I'm at are largely boomers. Not very many below say 55 or so are interested in this stuff so at some point the demand will hit a wall and things will change.

iagree
Look back 50 or so years at the the model T, Model A, and restored V8 ford prices. As the generations that grew up around them passed asway so did the prices. History repeats itself. Throw in the greenies, the EV push and Restomods with the newer drivelines. Remember when the 70-80's Street rod market overtook the 100 point restored cars price wise?
I want a car like grandpa had but I want tilt, heat, air, PS,PB, PW, CC and the ability to cruise at 70 MPH all day long
It's just a matter of time IMO. twocents popcorn

Our cars are being retrofitted with all that every day. Ever heard of a 'resto-mod'? The housing and car markets may well be over heated today. But then so is the stock market. But while they may take a hit and return to reality, that doesn't mean that they will collapse and die. And those old Fords you mention are still very hot as rat rods and as original hot rods. So, while the total OE restos may fade a bit, new updates will keep those cars popular. Same as our Mopars. I added a 518 to my Cuda so that we can cruise to events farther away. And A/C may have to come in order to keep the wife involved. Those are things that I would not have considered years ago. But, technology and our flexible platforms allow for progress. So, it's possible that our cars may go up or down in value at any given time. But they were cool (and desirable) 50 years ago and will be for the foreseeable future.

Master, again and still