Bear with me, I can't make any posts short. What is eveyone's experience with Edelbrock Performer RPM heads for a big block Mopar?
Back story: I bought a cheap motor home 440 for my '66 Coronet, a cheap set of redone 516 heads (still small valve) and I have a free/unused Comp cam CL21-228-4. I looked at the combo, still probably 8.5:1 with a big cam and figured it equaled a dog.
So I went hunting for a rotating assembly, found a deal on some CP pistons with H-beam rods, zero gap rings, and Clevite rod bearings. Got them home and did some research, and they appear to be for a 4.15" stroke crank. So now the small valve, unported , closed chamber heads go from mildly inadequate to completely inadequate.
So, after all that, I have narrowed my head options down to what is available, which is Edelbrocks, or port the iron heads and add big valves. The cost may be a wash.
So what is your experience with Edelbrocks? The 84 cc should put me right at 11:1 with a 0.039 gasket. A little higher than I hoped, but livable. Obviously I'll have to get the short block together and do some measuring before I order, but I'd like some feedback on the Performer heads. Or the E-Street heads.

The combo: '66 Coronet 500, street/strip. 727, TCI 11" convertor, 3.54 Dana, Cal-Tracs, Assassin Bars, QA-1 Double adjustables. All steel except for a glass hood, full interior, working heater, etc.

Last edited by OhioMopar; 12/27/21 02:27 PM.

1969 Dart GTS 340
1969 Super Bee X9 N-96
1969 Coronet R/T X9 N-96
2015 Dodge Dart GT
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn.
Looking for the original block for my Bee. The last 4 are 7449