Originally Posted by 1969ronnie
Are you using Old Red Stabil that was Originally designed for ethanol Free Fuel tsk , or the Better BLUE Stabil Designed for Ethanol Fuels ? Makes a huge difference in Recomended Storage periods . drive Ronnie

The last 3 bottles I got of Red Sta-Bil state for use with Ethanol Fuels.
And it worked with the gas tgat states up to 10% Ethanol. That is all we can get here by law since the state says so.
We are an Ethanol Producing State from sugar cane.so they made it a law that gas must have it.
I keep my gas for the back up generator on sealed 15 gallon metal VP Racing Barrels with Red Stabil
I do rotate them and keep to keep it a max of 12 months. But have had no problems at 24 months.
Gas in plastic gas cans and Sta_Bil 12 or less.
I did have one barrel that the date was turned and I thought I had rotated it out.
Almost 5 years and was fine. But again sealed metal barrel.
I had a metal can of VP 110 with lead from 2005 it looked and smelled fine.
I ran it in the lawn equipment this summer. It had the race car smell when cutting grass.
My barrels are from 2003_2005 and look new inside even with the 90/10 gas and Red Sta-Bil.

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough