Originally Posted by 73DAD
Think of how someone would prove this is even a real issue. It would be a pain in the butt. A sight window or sight tube on the side of the pan with a camera mounted in the engine bay, while a willing participant launches the car knowing full well they might starve their bearings and ruin the engine. I suppose someone could do it on a test stand too if they were nice enough and had extra time on their hands.

I don't know about you, but I've never heard of anybody testing this claim, and I think its perfectly reasonable to be skeptical until someone presents some evidence. Trashed bearings by themselves are not good enough. Quite a few things can ruin a bearing.

Drain back problems on Hemis is a well known and proven potential problem. And many of us have 'tested' this theory. Having the oil pressure drop off on the big end or at shut down is a real world test. In addition to the factory dash gauge, I have always teed in a 15lbs pressure switch with a warning light in the dash so that I have a heads up that the oil pressure is dropping. I have had to adjust things several times on my Hemis to stop the light from coming on at the end of the track and has probably saved me an engine or two over the years. Now, I keep an accumulator plumbed in when running a stock pan which pretty much puts the issue to bed.

Master, again and still