https://www.keloland.com/news/investigates/sued-for-seduction/

some snippets

SIOUX FALLS, S.D.D (KELO) — Affairs are not uncommon, and they often break up marriages. However, in South Dakota, the jilted spouse has a legal recourse only available in six states. They can sue the third party, who they believe interfered with their marriage, for alienation of affection.

It’s a law whose roots date back centuries to when a wife was considered her husband’s property. KELOLAND Investigates has uncovered a new case of alienation of affection against a Sioux Falls businessman who has been sued for the very same thing in the past. Plus, we take an in-depth look at how alienation of affection cases have played out and why some say the law needs to go.

Gery Baar was married to his wife, Denise, for 17 years. But there were a few bumps in the road.

“Actually, Jud Pins and my wife, Denise, started an affair in 1996 and I uncovered it then and Denise and I reconciled. And for three years, our marriage was better than ever,” Baar said.

Gary and Denise Baar during their marriage
However, Baar claims Denise started seeing Pins again.

“I confronted her and she admitted it. One surprising thing that she said to me is that they were talking about marriage. So, Pins was providing a path for her away from my marriage,” Baar said.

Gery and Denise Baar divorced and Gery sued Pins for alienation of affection.

“I might still be married, and my family might still be together if it weren’t for Jud Pins. Part of the reasoning for doing it with no-fault divorce; you know my wife cheated on me, but with no-fault divorce, she was still entitled to 50 percent of whatever property and investments and wealth I had and so an alienation of affection lawsuit is the only recourse to correct that unfairness,” Baar said.

Gery settled his alienation of affection case with Pins out of court and can’t disclose the terms. Pins eventually married Denise.

“I felt I had a very strong case–lots of evidence. But at the time, my children weren’t aware of all that had transpired, and I was protecting my kids from that. I did not want it to go to trial. I wanted to spare them from all that public humiliation,” Baar said.

The legal balm for broken hearts

and then

Pins sued insurance company to cover settlement

Judson Pins
Jud Pins then sued his insurance company, State Farm, for refusing to cover the claim. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit reversed the lower court’s decision that State Farm must pay the claim, saying that any loss to an injured spouse in an alienation of affection was expected or intended and could not be considered a covered accident under Pin’s policy.

and then again .. he does it again , lol

New alienation of affection lawsuit filed against Pins

Christenson is now representing a different man who is also suing Jud Pins for alienation of affection. Pete Sanchez filed a civil case against Pins, accusing him of interfering with his marriage to Adeline Sanchez. According to the lawsuit, Sanchez claims that Pins, “began a pattern of communicating with Ms. Sanchez on a nearly daily basis and began to make sexual advances. According to documents filed in civil court, Sanchez claims Pins made 130 phone calls to Ms. Sanchez and they traveled together on a business trip sponsored by Pins’ company.

The lips of fools bring them strife, and their mouths invite a beating.Proverbs 18:6