Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
If I was you, I would have that crankshaft rod journals offset ground down to 2.200 to increase the stroke to 4.250 or even 4.300 stroke and use the 7.1 BB Chevy H beam racing type rods with a custom set of pistons up
You will need to grind around .030 to .060 off of the oil pump pickup boss in the block to clear the rod cap depending on which brand rods you use and the stroke increase you:: work:
I've used that combination on many B, RB and 426 street hemi builds with no issues at all up
IHTHs up

I'm in the initial planning stages now and do not have the crank and rods yet. I figure I'm going to need custom pistons anyway because the shelf stuff, even with the 6.86 rod doesn't give me what I want for compression. So basically everything is up in the air for consideration.
I was wondering if a 4.25 stroke with a 2.2 pin would clear the oil pump pickup. I was afraid to ask that question directly with the fear of the typical response of doing a google search or something. It would seem at least that the 4.25 stroke with a 2.2 pin shouldn't give up any clearance.....

I would most likely use Molnar crank and rods for this combo.

AG....

Last edited by turbobitt; 11/29/21 11:01 AM.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.