Originally Posted by 4406bbl
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by jcc
I can feel your pain, my thinking, do like a band aid, just be quick about it, its all just stuff anyway.
Curious about the building, what year was that built? Its got a touch of art deco?
Are new owners going to use it, or tear it down? bawling
With all the Floridians moving to Tenn, I surprised they haven't yet built a wall. grin

1921 it was built to be a Dodge Brothers dealership but never opened as that, don't know much between then and 1944 when it became a DeSoto dealership then Plymouth and Chrysler until 2009 when a certain President decided there was no room to let dealers for Chrysler make money anymore... mad

Wow, maybe we should started a Moparts go fund site to save it, thats a very historic automobile building, especially for this crowd IMO, I hope it gets saved intact, and not a new location for a Wawa?

My recollection of the dealer trimming in the 08 recession is different, I thought its was an underhanded scam by corporate to prop up their favorite dealers, I never understood how it was more profitable for Corporate by reducing number of independent franchises, although it was popular to blame everything on the person in charge at the time.

The odd thing is every single franchise closed was Republican owned except one. Corporate had nothing to do with it as I recall, it was Obama's team that made the decisions .

I personally spoke with several dealers that got the axe and they had a similar suspicions. One has been in business much longer (IIRC '70's ish), owned the property outright and was a more profitable store that two others in his same area of ft lauderdale.

Congratulations Rhinodart and Gods speed in whatever you choose. beer
As far as I'm concerned, Florida is the best choice if you can swing enough $ and many would gladly welcome you here up The high humidity does take some getting used to and is NOT exclusive to Florida by any means. I remember my Napa AutoCare Center shop in the Atlanta area would not only get hotter than any Florida day, sometimes over 100*, it would get just as humid. Some days wouldn't have even a slight breeze whatsoever! Dead still heat and humidity that I felt was prepping me for what hell's reception lobby would feel like. shock
Copper

Last edited by Copper Dart; 11/22/21 06:03 PM.

Common sense, the least common of all the senses.
Mom.

For fear of ridicule, society stifles creativity.
Ricky Valdes