Originally Posted by Mastershake340
Darn, sorry to hear that. Doing some limited Wednesday move-in was a new and probably one year only deal because the previous convention postponed their event to winter. Every other year we must wait until they finish their move out Thursday morning to begin.
Only limited staff there yesterday otherwise there would have been MCACN staff there to intervene.
Heading out in a few minutes, I’ll be watching the Bryn Mar exit door today and Friday, stop and say hi if you’re there. I’ll be in the stage area Saturday and Sunday.
Any issues whatsoever please find a MCACN staff member to assist!
The fire code rules are 1/4 tank or less for cars on display, and battery disconnected.

The 1/4 tank of gas is what caused this issue in the first place. It's a race car, it has a VERY small tank on it. Yes, it was full, BECAUSE IT'S A SMALL TANK. Does a 72 pro stock car sound like a car that has a large fuel tank? Any normal car with a 1/4 tank of fuel would have MORE fuel in their tank than we did. The fire marshal yelled because we had too much fuel, even when he was told it's less than 5 gallons. There were two marshals there and 1 of them said to crank the car and let it run because they had no way of draining the tank. They said to run it for 10 minutes and that would be fine, that's what was done. Captain idiot came over FIVE times to complain after the car was shut off that no vehicles were supposed to run in the building. Never mind I have video of 8 semi's running inside the building at the same time this all happened. All of this was over the fact this old dude was mad the car was ran. The dumber of the 2 fire marshals response when all this went down: "I'm not a cop, I can't do anything".

Chicago's finest.