Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
Factory rotors are junk. Even the vaunted Toyotas don’t have good ones. Years ago I simply walked into car quest and asked for the Canada made rotor for whatever I had at the time and that was the end of the issue. Well offshoring took care of that good solution. After years of frustration, I have settled on two options. EBC made in England and some even are made in the USA like they should be. You have to plan ahead and even if you do it can be hard to get them in your hands.

If I can’t wait for those, powerstop Chinese has been ok. It’s just I detest supporting China and do my best to shun them and their bs.

This year we cut it close, but the boat from England finally made it the week things were getting ugly on a car. I estimated maybe 3 days left before it had to be parked. Glad it made it, the EBC stuff has been awesome again.

I can't agree with that broad of a statement. I have seen too many O.E. rotors last the life of the vehicle given that no pads are worn to metal and maybe a turn or two. We just sold a Town and Country that had 240,000 miles and still had the original rotors. Had been turned once, maybe twice, I don't remember. It was one of our work vans we have had for over a decade.

Yes, some O.E rotors are crap, as bad as or worse than parts store pieces. But it is simply not true that they are all 'junk'.

I haven’t heard anybody else talking up factory junk. I do know putting quality parts on ends the warped rotor issue. Both my new and used vehicles, going all the way back to when I started driving. Guys pulling stuff from junkyards are looking to save a buck and aren’t so concerned.

I want my fair share