Just wanted to share some results form the Vette from last weekend our final race of 2021. We had not raced at all since fall of 2019 going into 2021. So we had high hopes for the little red car with a number of changes made to the program for 2021. Engine, trans, rear gear chassis and shock changes all were incorporated this year. We spent thebetter part of the pandemic trying to make things much better than before. Long story short, very short we ended up in a good place with a less than 100% healthy engine after burning two pistons and leaning heavily on Scott Koffel and family to get it all fixed(see there is a Mopar connection) with the use of their facility and even putting us up for a few days.

Anyway we ended the year this past weekend at Irwindale where we started, oh yeah with a torched ignition system runaway Anyway this last weekend we finally started to show the cars potential. After a struggle with a bad set of tires in Indy where we started to turn things around we hit Irwindale where we left off there. We ran wel this past weekend and are very happy. But as Ryan likes to tell me I am never happy, and with cars he is exactly right. We didn't hit the goal I had set on Friday but we did reset the track record, on basically every pass and ran very well. Had I not been so cautions we woudl have hit the goal I had for the year. But being the first cars on track Sunday morning I was a bit skeptical. But the track prep was on point, as good as we see anywhere we go honestly, and I just over thank it. Maybe next time...

Here are a couple videos of our best run Sunday which was round three and the slip. Thankfully the clocks were on as this class is a no time deal. One more pass I would have hit the goal, but was being cautious as I wanted to make sure we got by the round as well. The race was called at three cars due to an oil down and a curfew. It just wasnt meant to be. We had fun as usual and the West Coast NA guys are a great group of people. Anyone who lives in SoCal needs to come watch these guy run. They put on a show for sure and we are thankful they welcome us to run the class with them even though we are part timers at best.

Guess I should mention the combo. Its a 416" Sb Chebbie single 4bbl with a Proflite

From the line

From the stands

Here is the slip from the run.
[Linked Image]

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"