You guys can keep your tonnoue covers, I am constantly putting things in and out of the bed so that's a no go, I have had em on trucks I bought before and HATED them!

My truck has 3.55 gears, don't know why anyone assumed 3.23s? The tach is reading a little higher on the dash than it is with the scanner hooked up but still, just over 60 it hits 2000 rpm verified by GPS. Trans works great.

When I had a 318 4wd dakota I had zero issues running it down to 1000 RPM in 5th around town and got nearly the same MPG in town lugging it like that as I did on the highway where I could not lug it because it was turning too many RPM, that truck had 3.55 gears but taller tires, they were 17 R/T wheels but don't remember the exact size. It was a bigger heavier truck with much taller tires and I still found myself wanting a higher gear, maybe I should swap in a 6 speed Manual with a .50 OD ratio instead. Leaving the 3.55 in there would give me a 1.77 final drive ratio where the 2.76 a-500 only gives me 1.90 final drive. Some cars in the 80s had 2.20 ratios with less tq, 318 magnums easily have enough TQ to work that low and like I said I can easily add a few more foot pounds of torque. Now to find a 6 speed...

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!