The first mods I did to make the '79 a "Drag Truck" was to remove the rear axle and springs and spring hangers. Mounted some B Body front and rear spring mounts to the bottom flange of the frame rail using the B body springs for placement and ultimately suspension. Then I used a B body Dana 60 (5.13 gears) mounted on top of the springs with the perches re positioned for spring with and pinion angle. Cut the box tubs for tire clearance to the frame rail and a centered 14"wide wheel put some 32x14 slicks . Left the 6cyl springs in the front and removed any and all unnecessary stuff from under the hood. Using a 76 smog 440 with a Direct connection .509 hyd cam, Holley Street Dominator intake, 800 Holley and Headman Truck headers. the trans was a 727 with a homemade reverse manual VB and the torque converter from behind the smog 440 it ran a best of 13.09. Put a warmed up 426 ( increased comp to 12-1, .650 lift flat tappet cam, tunnel ram with a pair of 660's ) in it with a set of slightly modified A body Hemi headers and better converter, it would run 11.50's but need a roll bar so usually just dialed slower. Both of these combinations were street-able and were often driven silks and all around town.
I actually have a ’84 2wd Ramcharger sitting as a “ I got nothing to work on “ project. The plan is to take the roof and rear window off a PU and graft it to the RC to make it an extra short wb (108 vs 118) Uni body PU. Then do up a simple tube chassis out of the parts that have accumulated around here … just to stay busy, If Im lucky I'd be able to sell it and break even on parts.

Last edited by W.I.N. racing; 09/20/21 05:43 PM.

'01 P1500, Blown/Inj BAE,/Veney ,Bruno/CS2,Dana 60
'01 Dodge 3500 S Cummins Auto, Fresh air kit, 4" Exhaust,
'05 Dodge Magnum R/T - Too Much to list
'60 Willys CJ5
'01 International LPX - Project,DT466, Allison
'64 Plymouth Valiant, Inj 528 Hemi, 2spd