Originally Posted by Ramrod39
Wifey has a 2016 Jouney that she likes. One of the key fobs has stopped starting the vehicle. It still locks and unlocks the doors but will not enable the starter button. I've checked/replaced the fob battery twice, no luck. The other fob works fine. I'm guessing we need to get a new fob? I see them on Amazon for about $40 with the note that they need to be programed by a locksmith of a dealer. Wifey call the local Dodge dealer and they want $250 to fix her up with a working fob.

Anyone dealt with this before? Can I buy a fob off of Amazon and get it programed easily or do get stuck for $250 by the Dodge dealer?

I have on my 2012. I bought two on ebay for about $30 each and had the dealer program them - think they were about $60 each (ultimately they did it for free cause they did other work so threw it in). One died and the other is fine. You definitely need the correct programmer to do it - cannot self program. I tried to buy a scanner that has that capability, and gave up. It got real complicated trying to figure out what programmer would program what, and they were in the thousands of dollars. I was willing to spend money on a good scanner, but got discouraged and have yet to buy one.

I would probably spend the $250.............

67 Coronet 500 9.610 @ 139.20 mph
67 Coronet 500 (street car) 14.82 @ 94 mph
69 GTX (clone) - build in progress......