Originally Posted by justinp61
Check and see if King offers a -.001” bearing. I know they made a +.001” main.

Funny (but sad) story about King bearings here.

So a few months back, alright, more than a year now since I started planning this and acquiring the parts, I had originally decided to give the King stuff a try. I ordered both the mains and the connecting rod bearings from Summit...and waited....waited, waited some more. After a couple of months I got tired of it...sure, I didn't need them at the moment, but I was itching to get the block over to the machine shop.

Needless to say, I cancelled that order and shipped the FM stuff straight to the shop the very next day. What irked me about this was that I actually called King directly about this delay, gave them my Summit order (which they found), and was told these would ship out "...within another week...". That was around the tail end of the first "wait" event...lol, it never got any better afterwards. So from a customer service perspective I wasn't impressed.

So now looking at this again I see that I can get a 0.0005" oversized bearing (choice of up or down as well, so that's nice), unfortunately their ETA shows December timeframe right now. Based on my prior experience with King I trust that statement...NOT!!!

Besides, really if all I'm making up is 0.0005", well like pittsburghracer said, I probably should find something else to do instead! ha...

Gents, appreciate everyone's great feedback. I'm going to run with what I have, will measure the housing dimensions as well, just to know what those are.

Thanks!