Originally Posted by DirectSubjection
Originally Posted by 340SIX
I could have taken 1000s of pics.
Here is a 2 story home, only 1st floor left.
What you see if 1st floor, gable roof gone, Front and Back gone. Just one side second floor tgst if leaning.
Other is a smaller home front deck, porch, living room and bed room gone. Wind took front half of home and tree smashed it too. So what you are looking at is the center of the house. Crazy that the wind tore the home to bits and sent it God knows where in little pieces.

Not are 5 min from.my home.

So sad to see! The same storm has created tornadoes up here along with heavy rain. Even Manhattan had a tornado warning, not sure I have ever seen that before. At one point an inch of rain fell in 6 minutes, equating to 5" per hour. Probably 10"+ here so far, never seen so much water in the yard shock

I saw that on TV this storm packed power but was bad since the ground speed was slow.
It stands in location a long time. So more tornadoes.
Normaly they cone and go on.it just sat with high winds for almost 13 hours with a howling steady. And them bad gust even worse.
Then something would hit the shutters or bricks or roof with a bang.
Something hit the fireplace pipe and cap sounded like a car accident.
I did see lots of builds that you could see were not built right. Bricks with no straps to frame so all the bricks just fell off. Things like that.
Roofs with one nail on each side of shingle instead of the properof 4 or 5 like they should have. Even saw one roof get done with nail the middle by my dad's home. I was watching when they nailed It. Get It done and move on to another job. I knew ot woukd no take any wind.
It never had a chance.
It is a shame but we see it on construction our cars etc. cheats and no goods in all professions.
I bet that house made from old battery cases would have come threw with no damage. To heavy to blow away. And the bugs holding the rafters together would have worked overtime

Last edited by 340SIX; 09/01/21 11:21 PM.

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough