I want to say that Chrysler had separate start run circuit that did not overlap contacts. I could be wrong. What I mean is that the run circuit only provided power to the ignition when in the run position and not in the crank position. When in the crank position a separate circuit powered the ignition.

If the run circuit has power when cranking and in the run position your problems are solved just tap into the run circuit coming off of the ignition switch and you are good to go. If the run circuit goes dead while the ignition is in the crank position (I am pretty sure this is the case) then you need to be able to get power from the run and start circuits separately and mix them in a way to not allow the electricity to be live in both all the time. One method is a diode or or use a relay. It will not hurt anything if the crank circuit bleeds over to the run circuit but it will be a problem if the run bleeds to the crank.

I am looking for wiring diagrams and I will get back after class.

This is the only lean burn diagram I could find and it shows a resister but it may not be accurate for an 82 because they made this system for many years.

Lean Burn Large.jpg