This! EZ Off,it works on hand pinstriping also like done at car/motorcycle events.New stuff is not like the old as stated but might be easier on your base paint. EZ off is also good for degreasing the innards of an old engine block with caked on oil. ~RT

Wow, I would've thought that would eat the paint underneath as well. EZ-Off was pretty nasty stuff years back.
So how do you guys use it as a paint remover ?
Spray it on, wipe off the offending layers and rinse with water ?
I'm assuming you're all referring to spray bomb paint ?
shruggy [/quote]

I removed old hand painted lettering from an old truck with EZ Off. Spray the E Z Off onto the door lettering, wait a few seconds for the lettering paint to bubble, and wipe it off. Repeat until the lettering is gone, hose off the truck body.
If the lettering was there for a long time, sometimes the paint around the lettering was faded, and after the lettering was removed, you could still see where it was because the surrounding paint was faded. Often a bit of buffing would match up the colors better, but then the entire door (or where the buffing was done) looked better then other parts of the faded paint. Some colors faded worse then other colors. Gene [/quote]