Originally Posted by Copper Dart
If I may ask a question, I can't help but wonder if i were to put it on the underside of my roof (i'm just weeks away from cloth headliner replacement on my 1970 Swinger build) with a cloth headliner, that sitting in the South Florida sun, it would take about a half hour and it would drip down through onto my head and interior possibly ruining everything! Please advise with actual first hand experience. Thanks
Copper

The NOICO has been applied on the inside of the roof in my coupe for 4 years, in northern IL. The car sits outside year around, windows closed when the car was not being driven. There is nothing between the NOICO and my head. Nothing has fallen, sagged, or dripped from anywhere. The NOICO is butyl based, not asphalt based. There is NO odder involved with its application or even after sitting days with 90+ temps, in a hot car with the windows up, while sitting in the hot sun. It has a product use range of 150 to -40 degrees. You need to start with clean metal, you trim the stuff with an utility knife, peal off the backing, put it in place, the roll it tight. Once rolled tight, it takes effort to remove it with a putty knife.

Before the NOICO was installed, I had that silver covered bubble stuff glued to the inside of the roof with 3M 77 spray glue. After about 4 years, the glue started letting go and the bubble stuff would drop down, the wind from open windows would catch it, and I ended up regluing it a few times before I pulled that stuff out. The NOICO stuff is holding much more firm (nothing even appears loose) then the 3 M glue held the bubble stuff. The NOICO also offered more insulation and sound deadening then the bubble stuff did. If it matters, the outside of the roof of the coupe is painted white, so that probably helps, but it was also painted white while the bubble stuff was in the car. .Gene