I have a 68 barracuda fastback, which used to be my daily driver many years ago, until the engine blew. I've decided to turn it into a track car. I plan to use it on track days at Willow and such places, and in Lucky Dog endurance races. So, it will have a full roll cage and tubing structure all the way to the front of the rails to make it a stiff racing chassis.
I never thought I'd get around to this due to the cost, but I took stock and realized after decades of mis-spending my youth, I have almost all the parts I need sitting in the garage.

Question is: Does anyone here have experience, or knowledge of, specific preparation techniques for a 68 Fastback Barracuda? Particularly aerodynamics, but also durability parameters for 8 hour + races.

I will be using a 340 block probably with trick flow heads. I have a spare close ratio four speed out of a dead TA, and an aluminum case for an A body I can put the gear set in. I will be using an 8-3/4 and brakes all around from Dr. Diff; the 13 inches with Viper calipers and the Ford rear discs; and I have a couple sets of Kit Car springs.

A few of the aerodynamic issues I can see right now are 1. an appropriate rear deck spoiler; 2. extractors or venting of the hood for cooling and lift reduction issues. 3. general smoothing of certain areas of the car to lower Cd, windshield edges, etc.
I expect I'll also need to install at least a rear end cooler, and possibly a transmission cooler, which is where people's experience would come in.

Any knowledge or experience is welcome, or links to work people have done in the past with this particular car.

Thanks,
Robert

AAR 4-speed 3.91, Tor-Red;
70 440 6 pack Roadrunner 4-speed 3.54, Plum Crazy;
68 Formula S conv 383 4-speed 3.23, Electric Blue;
69 Barracuda conv Slant 6 OD4 2.94, 71 B5 Blue;
78 Lil' Red Truck, Red;
70 Challenger S/E. 505 6 pack, Passon 5-speed, 3.55, B7 Blue