Originally Posted by 68jim
I think a previous owner of this car was a 15 year old who really liked wire nuts and scotch tape...68Jim

haha haha haha haha don't forget to add in lamp cord and 8 butt connectors on a single wire run of two feet. laugh2

some of the things i have seen over the many years would make you just shake your head because you couldn't form words to describe it !
i like to use factory items whenever possible, including bulkhead connectors and terminal ends. also, use a quality automotive wire with automotive grade insulation. i forget the name for it now, but some kits use cheap insulation that doesn't hold up to heat well.
as hot rods and street rods have different requirements than normal vehicles, i like to choose the amount of circuits needed, then obtain a fuse panel that has a couple of extra circuits in case you decide to add something in the future.
i have used ron francis items, and they are good quality.
don't forget the pliers needed for terminating the wire ends. you will more than likely need a couple different ones, depending on what connectors you use. over the years, i have acquired many, and as newer connectors are invented, i seem to get the tools needed to use them.
also, there are special picks used to remove the wire terminals from the factory connectors. you will need several of those as well, as mistakes can happen, or you will want to move a wire from one cavity of a connection to another, and the picks prevent damage to the terminal, wire, or connector.
probably the most important item of all, is to sketch a diagram of your system. this will help in the future for multiple reasons, and you will be glad you took the time to do this when that occasion arises.
wiring is not that difficult if one takes their time, carefully route the harness, and use quality components.
just my experience over 50 years. your mileage will vary. and i have made MANY mistakes, so don't feel bad if something happens and you need to redo something. biggrin
beer