Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I bought a set of ported J heads at carlisle for $650. Fully rebuilt and it looks like they might have been milled. Supposedly flow more than Edelbrocks out of the box, according to the guy. Well see how it goes.

I sincerely hope that those heads work for you, most guys selling used parts are not real truthful. You now have a set of 40 + year old heads that should be taken aprt and carefully inspecrted and magnaflux before using them If your not going to listen to the advice offered on here why waste those peoples time When it comes to buying parts for high performance motors you can buy the good parts once or buy the used parts many times looking for the good ones LIVE and LEARN

I wasn't wasting anybody's time and I listened to what everybody had to say and I appreciate all of the replies. But it's not like I just bought these heads to buy them, the ones on the motor currently are the 1.88 intakes and all of the valve seats are worn away so badly that I can see a gap between the valve and the seat in some spots, so instead of dumping tons of money into the heads I bought new ones. Plus I'm only 18 and my car is still in the body shop so Im on a very tight budget and have to work with what I have. Im not looking for a full blown race car, I just wanted to hopefully go 12's or low 13's. Thanks to everybody for their input.

good luck, I hope they aren't cracked, I'd be leery about buying any 40 year old used set of heads without having a machine shop I trust go over them with a fine tooth comb. I woulda ponied up the extra $150 and bought the enginequest 318B's from hughes. all new parts from a reputable vendor, no suprises, verified on their bench to flow about the same as OOTB eddies, & cheaper aftermarket roller rocker options...

Last edited by patrick; 05/26/09 07:57 AM.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)